Health Restoration & Weight Loss
Many of you want to know how we advise you to eat. Some of our patients desperately need to know the correct way to change their method of eating. This is because their eating habits are making and keeping them unwell. The best diet for restoring health has been described as "the Zone". It consists of the method of getting the correct amount of protein and other foods (40% of calories from carbohydrates, 30% from protein foods, 30% from oils) to balance hormones, blood-sugar, and take the stress off the pancreas and adrenals. It allows you to eat almost anything. Your diet can be as tasty and varied as you want it to be!
"The Zone" (40-30-30) is a method of balancing the amounts of carbohydrate (sugar and starch), protein, and oils. Scientific research on this exact balance has shown that it will:
1. Help you lose weight (if you need to) or gain muscle (if you need to). It normalizes your weight and body-fat percentages. It is a successful and dependable weight-loss system for the overweight. The average overweight person will lose pounds every week. It will also allow the increase of lean muscle mass for the active person working-out. Because it keeps the body from over-secreting insulin, and to release the fat-burning hormone glucagon, it allows the body to access fat to be burned as fuel.
2. Balance your blood sugar, and keep your pancreas from secreting excess insulin. That will prevent diabetes, heart disease, and high cholesterol. It is the recommended eating system for headache and migraine patients.
3. Increase your energy and keep you mentally alert. It takes food-related (blood sugar) stress off the adrenal glands. It is the food-balancing system for patients with low adrenals and the symptoms caused by them.
4. Offer you the eating method that can be customized for varied people with extremely different needs. It can help the very ill recover, or assist an elite athlete obtain best-ever performance.
5. Reduce pain for many individuals. The hormonal balance the Zone causes will reduce the inflammatory conditions that are characterized by pain, including arthritis. It helps with autoimmune diseases (like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and multiple sclerosis).
6. Extend your life expectancy because it normalizes blood pressure, factors affecting plaquing of artery walls, and thus occurrence of heart attack and stroke. There is evidence to show that it is cancer-preventing. It is the diet that will slow the aging process.
The key is to balance the ratio of protein, carbohydrates and oil every time you eat or snack. You will want to eat every 3-6 hours, because hormones and blood sugar stay optimally balanced for about 5 hours.
The Zone (40-30-30) is used as part of patients’ treatment programs. For many it is a central part of their nutrition program, together with supplements that are customized for their health condition. It brings improvement to individuals who, either by craving or misinformation, were loading-up on carbohydrates and under-eating protein foods. It brings the correct amount of the right oils to people who either over-consumed, or over-limited fat and oil intake. The results are often miraculous, and can be expected to be as good as the individual will understand, apply and follow the guidelines.
The easiest and recommended way to get the Zone (40-30-30) underway for you, is to for you to get a Zone Made Easy Starter Kit containing: The book and planner which tells you easily all you need to know. Also get the snack/meal replacement bars, and some EZ Whey so you can make the great tasting shakes.
For scholars seeking to read more detailed scientific information, the book "Getting into the Zone", by Dr. Barry Sears is available through us.
By getting a starter kit, you have all you need to start on this fabulous program the same day you get it!
Universal City Medical Wellness Group (UCMWG) is a Multidisciplinary & Complementary Alternative Medical Group near Universal Studios, Studio City, Hollywood, North Hollywood, Burbank & Toluca Lake, in L.A.
We Specialize In:
We are providers for:
All PPO's Accepted